As a Therapeutic Success Coach I guide you to “create success by resolving stress”
There are three main areas I specialise in:
- Chronic stress (see list of symptoms below)
- Anxiety, depression & fatigue
- Unhealthy relationship dynamics
- Grief and loss
- Relationship entry and exit
- Sex & sexuality
- Early attachment trauma
- Intergenerational trauma
Personal & Professional Development & Advancement:
- Healthy lifestyle, weight and well being goals
- Self-sabotage and career obstacles
- Career and life direction and advancement
- Spiritual mentoring
Chronic stress and the symptoms of a stuck stress response
Do you recognise yourself in the lists below?
Stuck fight and/or flight response (sympathetic branch of the nervous system stuck on “ON”):
- Hyperactivity, racing thoughts, nervousness, anxiety, inability to sleep or relax, muscular tension, worry, chronic pain, hyper-vigilance, panic attacks, anger, irritability, rage outbursts, can’t switch off, increased heart rate, difficulty breathing, abrupt mood swings, high blood pressure and over time a reduced ability to deal with stress
Stuck freeze response (parasympathetic branch of the nervous system stuck on “OFF”):
- Low energy, exhaustion, numbness, low muscle tone, poor digestion, low heart rate or blood pressure, poor immune system function, depression, ‘checking out’, apathy, foggy thinking, indecisiveness, procrastination, disconnection in relationship, low motivation, weight gain
It is also possible for both branches of the ANS to be over-activated simultaneously e.g. high anxiety underlying depression.
“Sessions with Jo were life changing! I feel 100 times stronger in myself. It was so healing on a whole other level”. – K McNeilly
How I work
I draw on a combination of body-oriented, trauma informed therapy and counselling training, intuition and my own healing journey to facilitate successful, positive outcomes for my clients.
I have completed a 3 year post-graduate programme with the Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute of Australia to qualify as a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner under the lineage of Peter Levine. I also have a degree in Psychology with first class Honours, I’ve studied to Masters level in Counselling and I’ve been personally mentored by David Riddell, the founder of the Living Wisdom School of Counselling.
More on Somatic Experiencing
Somatic Experiencing® is a body-oriented approach to the healing of trauma and other stress disorders. It offers a framework to assess where a person is “stuck” in the fight, flight or freeze responses and provides clinical tools to resolve these fixated physiological states.
The SE approach facilitates the completion of self-protective motor responses and the release of thwarted survival energy bound in the body, thus addressing the root cause of trauma symptoms. This is approached by gently guiding clients to develop increasing tolerance for difficult bodily sensations and suppressed emotions.
Trauma may begin as acute stress from a perceived life-threat or as the end product of cumulative stress. Both types of stress can seriously impair a person’s ability to function with resilience and ease.
So if you are struggling with any of the above and you want to experience more joy, more expansiveness, more aliveness and relief from the symptoms of stress then don’t hesitate to get in touch and fill out the form below.
I currently have openings for a small number of clients.